The Cisco Networking Academy® CCNAv7 curriculum is designed for participants who are seeking entry-level jobs in the ICT industry, or hope to fulfill prerequisites to pursue more specialized ICT skills. The CCNAv7 curriculum is presented in three courses:
- CCNA1: Introduction to Network (ITN)
- CCNA2: Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials (SRWE)
- CCNA3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (ENSA)
These three courses provide integrated and comprehensive coverage of networking topics including: IP routing and switching fundamentals, network security and services, and network programmability and automation, while providing learners extensive opportunities for hands-on practical experience and career skills development. The entire curriculum is appropriate for learners at many education levels and types of institutions, including high schools, secondary schools, universities, colleges, career and technical schools, and community centers.
There are no prerequisites for this offering. Learners are expected to have the following skills:
- High school reading level
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic internet usage skills
CCNAv7 Curriculum Description
In this curriculum, Cisco Networking Academy™ participants develop workforce readiness skills and build a foundation for success in networking-related careers and degree programs. With the support of video and rich interactive media, participants learn, apply, and practice CCNA knowledge and skills through a series of in-depth hands-on experiences and simulated activities that reinforce their learning. Upon completion of all three course offerings, learners will be prepared to take the Cisco CCNA Unified certification exam.
CCNAv7 teaches comprehensive networking concepts and skills, from network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications. Learners will progress from basic networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.
CCNAv7 includes the following features:
- There are three offerings that make up the CCNAv7 curriculum.
- The three offerings align to and cover the competencies outlined for the CCNA Certification Exam.
- Each offering is comprised of multiple modules. Each module is comprised of topics.
- Modules emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills.
- Each topic contains a Check Your Understanding interactive quiz, or some other way to assess understanding, such as a lab or a Packet Tracer. These topic-level assessments are designed to tell learners if they have a good grasp of the topic content, or if they need to review before continuing. Learners can ensure their level of understanding well before taking a graded quiz or exam. Check Your Understanding quizzes do not affect the learner’s overall grade.
- Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies to prepare for the Cisco CCNA exam, networking related degree programs, and entry-level networking careers.
- The language used to describe networking concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension.
- Assessments and practice activities are focused on specific competencies to increase retention and provide flexibility in the learning path.
- Multimedia learning tools, including videos, games, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and promote increased knowledge retention.
- Hands-on labs and Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Embedded assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- Cisco Packet Tracer activities are designed for use with the latest version of Packet Tracer.