The Introduction to Cybersecurity v2.1 is designed for students who are considering IT as career with specialization in cybersecurity. This exploratory course provides the students an introduction to cybersecurity. The curriculum will explore ways to be safe online, learn the different types of malware and attacks, measures used by organizations to mitigate the attacks, and research their career opportunities. The curriculum is appropriate for students at many education levels and types of institutions, including high schools, secondary schools, universities, colleges, career and technical schools, and community centers.
Introduction to Cybersecurity v2.1 consists of five chapters and include the following features:
- Students learn the basics of being safe online.
- Students are introduced to different types of malware and attacks, and how organizations are protecting themselves against these attacks.
- Students explore the career options in cybersecurity.
- The language used to describe cybersecurity concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension.
- Activities, including paper-based labs, videos, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and promote increased knowledge retention.
|Chapter||Introduction to Cybersecurity v2.1|
|1||The Need for Cybersecurity|
|2||Attacks, Concepts and Techniques|
|3||Protecting Your Data and Privacy|
|4||Protecting the Organization|
|5||Will Your Future be in Cybersecurity?|